Boston, MA — January 27, 2015 — EditShare®, the technology leader in shared media storage and end-to-end tapeless workflow solutions, today announced the release of version 7 of its Geevs range of ingest and playout video servers. Geevs 7 adds a host of new features including enhanced integration with EditShare’s shared storage and Flow media asset management solutions.
Tara Montford, EditShare’s managing director, comments, “This release marks a significant milestone in EditShare’s strategy to provide resilient and collaborative solutions that simplify our customers’ workflows. Geevs 7 exemplifies this philosophy and expands our ability to provide completely integrated EditShare workflow solutions.”
Geevs Broadcast Servers have a long history of success within a wide range of demanding workflows including newsroom scheduling, live sports with instant replay, and multi-camera studio ingest. With over 1,000 channels deployed on-air and unrivalled integration with third-party solutions, Geevs servers offer broadcast and post-production facilities real benefits and return on investment.
Geevs 7 New Features
Geevs 7 provides a host of increased functionality and features for the standard Geevs Client license:
- Playback and recording of channels across multiple Geevs servers from a single client
- Descriptive markers while recording for fast content tagging
- Channel Viewer and Administrator interface redesign
- Local playback of clip files for reduced network bandwidth
- “Record Local and Push” option adds recording resilience on slow networks
Application-specific updates for Geevs options include:
- New short-cut key for camera and marker selection in Geevs Studio MC
- NLE sequences can now be imported into Geevs Live for instant playback
- Direct timecode entry for fast, precise review and playout in Geevs Sports
Also fundamental to the Geevs 7 release is deeper integration across the EditShare product line.
- Enhanced integration with EditShare’s Flow media asset management platform includes the ability for Geevs to generate AirFlow-compatible H.264 proxy files, allowing immediate web-based access to recorded media
- Quality of Service integration with EditShare shared storage reserves bandwidth for Geevs ingest and media playback
For full details on the Geevs 7 release, please visit the EditShare website at: http://www.editshare.com/products/geevs.
EditShare is the technology pioneer in networked shared storage and tapeless, end-to-end workflow solutions for the post-production, TV, and film industries. EditShare’s ground-breaking products improve efficiency and workflow collaboration every step of the way. They include video capture and playout servers, high-performance central shared storage, archiving and backup software, media asset management, and Lightworks – the world’s first three-platform (Windows/OS X/Linux) professional non-linear video editing application.
©2015 EditShare LLC. All rights reserved. EditShare® is a registered trademark of EditShare LLC. All other trademarks mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
Portland, OR – December 4, 2014 – Red Giant today released the latest update to its powerfulShooter Suite, a collection of purpose-built applications that give directors of photography, videographers, shooters and filmmakers the automation and workflow capabilities they need to offload, analyze, touch up and synchronize digital media destined for post. Headlining the Shooter Suite 12.6.1 release is PluralEyes 3.5.5 support for RED camera media.
The go-to tool for audio and video sync automation, PluralEyes support for RED media ensures users can easily sync multi-camera and dual-system audio production media shot on RED cameras in a matter of seconds. Thanks to its outstanding accuracy, the new PluralEyes update even supports sync automation for spanned RED media, treating multiple files as a single logical clip. The update also enhances the overall export workflow and includes a new welcome video tutorial to help new users start using PluralEyes faster than ever before.
In addition to the new PluralEyes update, the Red Giant Shooter Suite includes a number of improvements to the Offload, BulletProof and Instant 4K applications.
Free Update for Existing Shooter Suite 12.6 and PluralEyes 3.5 Customers
The Red Giant Shoot Suite 12.6.1 release is free to existing 12.6 users and can be downloadedhere or use Red Giant Link to update.
PluralEyes 3.5 users will receive a notification upon software launch that an update is available.
Shooter Suite and PluralEyes Pricing
Red Giant offers the full Shooter Suite 12.6.1 package for 399.00 USD. Existing Shooter Suite users who fall outside the free update guidelines can update their existing applications for 99.00 USD.
PluralEyes 3.5.5 is sold as part of the Shooter Suite Shooter Suite 12.6.1 and as a standalone product for $199.00 USD. Existing users who fall outside the free update guidelines can update their existing PluralEyes solo application for $79.00 USD.
The Red Pledge
The Red Pledge is Red Giant’s commitment to customer happiness, with no purchasing hassles. Learn about the Red Pledge guarantee at www.redgiantsoftware.com/redpledge/.
About Red Giant
Red Giant is a software company made up of talented artists and technologists who collaborate to create unique tools for filmmakers, editors, VFX artists, and motion designers. Our company culture is focused on finding balance between work and life – we call it “the double bottom line.” This philosophy helps us ignore complexity in favor of building simple tools that yield giant results. Over the last decade, our products (like Magic Bullet and Trapcode) have become the standard in film and broadcast post-production. With over 200,000 users, it’s nearly impossible to watch 20 minutes of TV without seeing our software in use. From our experiences as artists and filmmakers, we aspire not only to provide tools for artists, but inspiration as well. Watch our films, learn from over 200 free tutorials, or try our software at redgiant.com.
Portland, OR – November 26, 2014 – Red Giant (http://www.redgiant.com/) is back with its annual 40%-off blowout sale, hitting the online store on Tuesday, December 9th. For 24 hours only, from 08:00 AM PST on December 9th to 08:00 AM PST on December 10th, every single Red Giant product sold at www.redgiant.com – full licenses, upgrades and products from the academic store (already 50% off) – will be on sale. To redeem the 40% discount, simply apply the coupon code found on the Red Giant website. There is absolutely no catch or fine print on this sale; every plugin, suite, license and upgrade found in the Red Giant online store will be on sale. So whether you use Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut Pro X or other host apps, there is something for everyone.
Annual 40%-Off Sale Video: https://vimeo.com/112834280
Some Examples of Savings:
• Trapcode Suite: Usually $899. Get it on sale for just $540.
• Color Suite: Usually $599. Get it on sale for just $360.
• PluralEyes: Usually $199. Get it on sale for just $120.
• Universe Annual Premium Membership: Usually $99. Get it on sale for $60.
For pre-sales questions, please contact us at redgiant.com/support and we’ll help you out.
The Red Pledge
Red Pledge is Red Giant’s commitment to customer happiness, with no purchasing hassles. It includes a 30-day money-back guarantee and much more. Learn about the Red Pledge guarantee atwww.redgiantsoftware.com/redpledge/.
About Red Giant
Red Giant is a software company made up of talented artists and technologists who collaborate to create unique tools for filmmakers, editors, VFX artists, and motion designers. Our company culture is focused on finding balance between work and life – we call it “the double bottom line” – this philosophy helps us ignore complexity in favor of building simple tools that yield giant results. Over the last decade, our products (like Magic Bullet and Trapcode) have become the standard in film and broadcast post-production – With over 200,000 users, it’s nearly impossible to watch 20 minutes of TV without seeing our software in use. From our experiences as artists and filmmakers, we aspire to not only to provide tools for artists, but inspiration as well. Watch our films, learn from over 200 free tutorials, or try our software at www.redgiant.com.
Portland, OR – November 18, 2014 – The Red Giant Universe is expanding once again with the release of Universe 1.3, the latest update to the world’s fastest growing visual effects environment for Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro X and Motion, Sony Vegas and now, Blackmagic’s DaVinci Resolve. Now with 81 effects, version 1.3 features 13 new tools, seven of which are high-quality plugins from the wildly popular developer, CrumplePop. The new update also adds support for Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve, along with several updates to existing effects.
What’s New in Universe 1.3 Video – vimeo.com/111214739
“The Universe 1.3 update is full of some truly awesome stuff, including tools from CrumplePop, which were never before available outside of Final Cut. This update also features the all-new, highly realistic VHS effect, and support for a new host app: DaVinci Resolve,” states Aharon Rabinowitz, Red Giant’s head of marketing. “Resolve users have been asking us to bring tools like Knoll Light Factory EZ, Holomatrix and Retrograde into their app of choice, and today we’re excited to make that happen.”
“I love the vast amount of effects I can apply to my footage with Universe. It allows me to create truly unique looks that stand out from what everyone else is making,” comments filmmaker Joey Shanks of Shanks FX, who works in association with PBS Digital Studios. “And it’s really nice to know that such a powerful bundle of effects can evolve just like an artist. Universe’s tools are always expanding. It gives me the power to create high-end imagery with a practical workflow.”
Thirteen New Tools for Free and Premium Users
New tools for both free and premium users as well as enhanced and redesigned presets to existing tools, the expanded Universe release includes:
- CrumplePop Photo 2: Give footage the look of a classic or instant photo. Includes tools for color treatments, vignettes, camera blur and more.
- CrumplePop Noir Moderne Light: Create dramatic noir lighting effects with saturation controls, optically captured vignettes, flickering, Venetian patterns and more.
- PixelGlow EZ (voted on in Universe Labs): An effect that isolates the brightest pixels and applies a glow in a variety of preset shapes to mimic halos, sparkles and shimmers.
- 3D Venetian Transition: A transition that divides the layer into vertically rotating sections, while simultaneously revealing a second layer of footage.
- Fill Alpha: A simple utility effect that floods an alpha channel with a color, with variable blending with the original; includes a unique, highly requested blending parameter.
- Sobel Edges: A useful “find edges” stylize effect with variable blending, using the Sobel gradient method to highlight footage edges.
- CrumplePop Fisheye Fixer: An effect designed specially for GoPro® to correct GoPro fisheye lens distortion.
- CrumplePop ShrinkRay: A fast and easy way to make big things look tiny by simulating a tilt shift effect.
- CrumplePop Finisher: Use this effect to easily and dramatically improve the image quality of DSLR footage.
- CrumplePop Overlight: A lens flare and light leak texture plugin that makes it easy to apply washed-out glows and lens flares to footage.
- CrumplePop Grain 16: Using real 16mm film grain, add this effect to footage for the beautiful texture of authentic film.
- VHS: Gives modern footage the classic look, color and distortion of old videotape.
- Chromatic Aberration: A simulated lens distortion effect that mimics real-world lens aberration, in which there is a failure of a lens to focus all colors to the same convergence point; includes color splitting, lens distortion, blurs and lens textures for added realism.
New Effect Controls in the UI:
- New to ToonIt Paint: A new Soft Strokes effect has been added to the Paint style drop down menu
- A new Sketch Outline effect can be found in the UI of ToonIt Cartoon, ToonIt Paint, ToonIt Outlines, and ToonIt Retouch
- ToonIt Paint, ToonIt Presets, and ToonIt Transitions: New Presets featuring the Soft Stroke effect
- ToonIt Outlines: Four new presets demonstrating the new Sketch Outlines effect
- ToonIt Paint: A new preset Water Color, using the existing Watercolor paint effect
Support for Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve
Version 1.3 continues Red Giant’s expansion into new host applications with new DaVinci Resolve compatibility. All of the 80+ Universe plugins can now be used in the Resolve workflow, version 11.1 or later.
“We’re really excited to have more than 80 new OFX effects and transitions available for DaVinci Resolve,” says Dan May, president of Blackmagic Design. “Red Giant makes some of the best motion graphics and visual effects plugins in the industry, and we know our users will enjoy having access to Universe’s free and premium tools right within Resolve 11.”
Pricing & Availability
Existing Red Giant Universe users can download version 1.3’s new tools and updates from Red Giant’s website. For new users, Universe is available in a variety of options:
• Basic Membership: Free
• Premium Monthly: $10
• Premium Yearly: $99
• Premium Lifetime: $399
Members of the press are invited to review Red Giant Universe 1.3. For more information, please contact Anya Oskolkova at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Red Pledge
Red Pledge is Red Giant’s commitment to customer happiness, with no purchasing hassles. Learn about the Red Pledge guarantee at redgiantsoftware.com/redpledge/.
About Red Giant
Red Giant is a software company made up of talented artists and technologists who collaborate to create unique tools for filmmakers, editors, VFX artists, and motion designers. Our company culture is focused on finding balance between work and life – we call it “the double bottom line” – this philosophy helps us ignore complexity in favor of building simple tools that yield giant results. Over the last decade, our products (like Magic Bullet and Trapcode) have become the standard in film and broadcast post-production – with over 200,000 users, it’s nearly impossible to watch 20 minutes of TV without seeing our software in use. From our experiences as artists and filmmakers, we aspire to not only to provide tools for artists, but inspiration as well. Watch our films, learn from over 200 free tutorials, or try our software at www.redgiant.com.